By Regina F. Bendix,Galit Hasan-Rokem
- An unheard of number of unique, cutting-edge essays on folklore authored by means of overseas experts
- Examines the practices and theoretical methods built to appreciate the phenomena of folklore
- Considers folklore within the context of multi-disciplinary themes that come with poetics, functionality, spiritual perform, fable, ritual and image, oral textuality, heritage, legislation, politics and gear in addition to the social base of folklore
- Selected through selection as a 2013 awesome educational Title
Read Online or Download A Companion to Folklore (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
"This textbook, geared toward complicated undergraduates and postgraduates in paleoanthropology classes, tackles a slightly tough task—that of proposing the huge physique of paleontological, genetic, geological and archaeological proof concerning human evolution, and the linked clinical background, in a logical and readable approach with no sacrificing both readability or element.
This edited assortment reviews the creation and dissemination of well known track, tourism, cinema, style, broadcasting programmes, advertisements and occasional in Western Europe within the 20th century. Focussing at the provide facet of pop culture, it addresses a box of research that's overlooked in eu historiography.
Because the 2004 expansion of the ecu Union over part 1000000 Polish migrants have registered to paintings within the uk, constituting one of many biggest migration pursuits in modern Europe. Drawing on study undertaken throughout a variety of disciplines - background, economics, sociology, anthropology, movie reviews and discourse research - and targeting either the Polish and British facets of this phenomenon - either emigration and immigration - this edited assortment investigates what's really new approximately this migration move, what its motives and effects are, and the way those migrants' lives have replaced through relocating to the uk.
Routledge is proud to be re-issuing this landmark sequence in organization with the foreign African Institute. The sequence, initially released among 1950 and 1977, gathered ethnographic details at the peoples of Africa, utilizing all on hand resources: information, memoirs and reviews in addition to anthropological study which, in 1945, had simply simply began.
- Narrative and Genre (Routledge Studies in Memory and Narrative)
- Varieties of Secularism in Asia: Anthropological Explorations of Religion, Politics and the Spiritual (Anthropology of Asia)
- On the Frontiers of Climate and Environmental Change: Vulnerabilities and Adaptations in Central Vietnam (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- Gendered Journeys, Mobile Emotions
Extra resources for A Companion to Folklore (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Folklore (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Regina F. Bendix,Galit Hasan-Rokem