By Rand R. Wilcox
* Assumes no prior education in facts
* Explains how and why sleek statistical tools offer extra exact effects than traditional methods
* Covers the most recent advancements on a number of comparisons
* comprises fresh advances in risk-based tools
* positive factors many illustrations and examples utilizing information from genuine reports
* Describes and illustrates easy-to-use s-plus services for utilising state-of-the-art thoughts
* Covers many modern ANOVA (analysis of variance) and regression tools no longer present in different books
Read Online or Download Applying Contemporary Statistical Techniques PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
This quantity includes forty chosen full-text contributions from the 6th eu convention on Geostatistics for Environmental functions, geoENV IV, held in Rhodes, Greece, October 25-26, 2006. the target of the editors used to be to bring together a collection of papers from which the reader may possibly understand how geostatistics is utilized in the environmental sciences.
The point of interest of the current quantity is stochastic optimization of dynamical structures in discrete time the place - by way of focusing on the position of knowledge relating to optimization difficulties - it discusses the comparable discretization concerns. there's a transforming into have to take on uncertainty in purposes of optimization.
This quantity offers with the Cauchy or preliminary price challenge for linear differential equations. It treats intimately the various purposes of linear area how you can partial differential equations, specially the equations of mathematical physics equivalent to the Maxwell, Schrödinger and Dirac equations.
This booklet provides classical Markov choice methods (MDP) for real-life functions and optimization. MDP permits clients to advance and officially aid approximate and straightforward determination ideas, and this booklet showcases cutting-edge purposes during which MDP was once key to the answer method. The ebook is split into six components.
- Linear Models (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- Statistics for Earth and Environmental Scientists
- Analysis of Pretest-Posttest Designs
- Stochastic Processes
- Weak Convergence of Stochastic Processes: With Applications to Statistical Limit Theorems (De Gruyter Textbook)
Additional resources for Applying Contemporary Statistical Techniques
Applying Contemporary Statistical Techniques by Rand R. Wilcox